Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just for Fun

These two birdies have patiently waited to be posted
for quite some time.

This colourful Rosella I spotted in the Australian Alps
in New South Wales,


while by way of contrast, this Emu wandered by in the
Little Desert National Park in the flat lands between
Adelaide and Melbourne.
The Emu is quite a large bird, the second largest in the country
and can easily look you in the eye if you are between 5' - 6'.

I for one do not like being up close and personal with them as
they have a flat head on top with a brain the size of a pea and
can be rather unpredictable.
Happy Sunday everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I sit here at my desk trying to imagine an emu at my window feeder! I cannot!

    But oh, the Rosella!! To have those in the trees must be pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rosella is striking. I saw emus in South Africa and although smaller than the ostriches they can inflict some damage.

    I'm so glad to see your posts and thanks for stopping by Arija. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Finland to you and those two birds, which are worth publishing !
    Nice Sunday to you, Arija!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about big birds...I lived in Florida a while and had to get used to herons and pelicans being so big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these. Emu is a word that comes up in many a crossword puzzle, so it's nice to see what he is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Rosella and the emu! How lovely to be able to see them! Lovely post as always, Arija! I hope you're having a lovely weekend and that you are feeling better.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love all the variety? Amazing, that these are both birds.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The birds in Australia don't stop to amaze me. They are more colourful than ours and some, like the emu are much bigger than ours.
    Thank you for your visit. The bird with a young on her back is a grebe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Arijia,
    questi animali fotografati sono meravigliosi !!!
    Grazie della visita :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin