Friday, July 12, 2013

Winter Surprise


I won't be posting or visiting much for a while.

I have finally found someone to cut my lawns LOL on a 
regular basis.
This has given me courage to once more attack my neglected garden.
Since 2-3 hrs of gardening totally exhausts me to the point
of needing 12 hrs of sleep to recover, 
it does not leave much time for blogging since the exhaustion 
is not only physical.

Imagine putting your nose outside in mid-winter and instantly 
becoming the preferred perch of a Ladybug!


After sitting on my hand for some five minutes,


I coaxed it onto a stalk of grass .


What a joyful surprise, small wonder this blog is called garden delights.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the gardening Arija - I think that ladybug choosing you as a perch is a good sign. Take it easy though - just don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ladybug friend, Arija!! Hope the gardening goes well, but don't overdo -- always easy when you're working on something important to you as your garden is! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to know you'll be spending more time in your beloved gardens. Do take care, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, sweet. :) glad you're going to tackle your yard, again. but do it in spurts, okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More time in the garden Arija .... that's what I should be doing ... I'm sure you'll come across many delights especially once those pretty spring bulbs and blossoms start to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago through a North American blog I follow, and have enjoyed your photography. This post caught my attention because I have been asked to take pics of lady birds and here in outer Brisbane, they are incredibly clever at hiding from my camera.
    I just have a Canon powershot sx230 but I was encouraged to make my photos into cards. So far I have raised nearly $1000 for Cancer Research.
    May I have your permission to use the 'lady bird on a leaf' for the same purpose? I will acknowledge that you are the photographer. Best wishes, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you that you got some help in managing your lawns (the least fun part of gardening) and now you can devote your time to your wonderful flowers. Sleep well and for as long as you need to...and don't feel bad about not visiting. I am just glad you let us know that if you aren't around it is for this loveliest of reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Garden delights, indeed!
    Wishing you happy work & lots of rest as needed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These are so tiny, yet so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin